Monday, December 25, 2017

Roast Beast

The Queen Of The World did a feast fit for a king today.  Her Prime Rib was done perfectly - a true medium rare (mine is always over done).  She did bacon wrapped green beans, which is even better than it sounds.  The mashed potatoes and gravy  were more than your typical restaurant fare blast-for-the plate, and she had homemade apple pie AND homemade Tiramisu.

Lord, this was the best dinner I've had in I don't know how long.

We've done well eating healthy all year, and my waistline shows that, but today was a feast day and she made it memorable.  Boy, howdy.

If y'all are interested, I can ask if I can post some of her recipes.  I pride myself on being a pretty good cook but I'm not in her league.

4 comments:

Reg T said...

A wife who can produce homemade tiramisu is a treasure beyond reckoning.
Buy her some (more?) jewelry, a vacation trip, and/or more cookware of her choice!

libertyman said...

Wow! What a special treat!

Our Christmas will be today due to the 9 inches of snow that made it a white Christmas.

Was the pie crust as artfully decorated as before?

McChuck said...

Bacon wrapped green beans? Oh, yeah, I'd love that recipe.

Old NFO said...

Recipes are always good... :-)