Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Donald Trump's likeability

Based on movie screenwriting standards:
In my first post on what makes a character likable, I laid out Eric Edson’s criteria from The Story Solution:
  1. Courage
  2. Unfair Injury
  3. Skill
  4. Funny
  5. Just Plain Nice
  6. In Danger
  7. Loved By Friends And Family
  8. Hard Working
  9. Obsessed
To be likable, a character only needs a majority – 5 out of 9 traits.
Trump scores surprisingly well, as does Ben Carson.  Hillary Clinton and Jeb Busg, not so much.

3 comments:

Jess said...

I can see where Jeb has one, or two. Hillary I doubt has one; including being loved by friends and family. She's a dangerous snake, and most people with good sense know this.

R.K. Brumbelow said...

Hmm I should be very likable, I suspect I have the major failing of being the 'jerk with a heart of gold' mixed with -redacted-. Too bad I don't put much on reincarnation, after a few billion tries I might get it right.

matism said...

For both Jeb! and Shrillary, I prefer the term "nacho much"...