Monday, September 22, 2014

Quote of the Day - Dumb ex-jock edition

Chris Lynch brings the hammer down on the NFL TV coverage:
... one of the side benefits of the Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson allegations is I haven't watched a single minute of any NFL pre-game shows. I need sportcasters and ex-jocks discussing societal issues in my life just as much as I need Hollywood movie stars telling me how I should think politically. I haven't watched any of the shows and I haven't missed them.
Amen.  I have enough sanctimonious jackasses in my life.  Got all I can use, actually.  Happy not to have any more.

6 comments:

Just People said...

Amen!

kx59 said...

begs the question: why would you ever watch a pregame or post game show?

dds said...

But the real question:

When will you stop watching the games??

I'm heading that way. Really.

Knucklehead said...

Thank goodness an election is on the way so we again can see and hear what kindergartners and first graders think we should be doing with the country! If it weren't for TV I don't know what we'd do.

Anonymous said...

I got really into watching the Rockies this past season, and now that football has started up, I'm already sick of it. Just seems like everything is so superficial and commercial. Not sure why baseball doesn't, but there you go.

NotClauswitz said...

Stopped watchuig the NFL a few years ago.
And when will the preening gotcha Media acknowledge all the incidents of wife-beating and domestice abuse that takes place in the hallowed corridors of CBS, NBC, CBS, CNN etc. - many-many more than these few incidents by NFL jocks.