Saturday, September 20, 2014

Kilted To Kick Cancer - Day 20: Domo Arigato, Mr. Kiltobato

Today was Japan Fest with #2 Son.  In addition to cool things Japanese, that meant it was picture time!


I expect I was the only guy there in a kilt, and so attracted quite a lot of attention.  Antonio thought it was badass, but he was dressed up, too.


And I loved this lady of a Certain Age, rocking Sailor Moon.


I'm saving the best for tomorrow, though.  In the meantime, a musical interlude. 
I have a secret
I've been hiding
under my kilt ...



We're two thirds of the way through the fundraiser. Please click through to donate to this cause.  It's fully tax deductible, as a 501(c)3 charity.  The Donate link is here, and please select Team Borepatch.

And if you click through to read Brigid's post you'll see why she is also invested in this - her Dad is fighting that same fight right now.  She is so invested that she's made an enormously generous offer: the first twenty all donations of $50 or more via Team Borepatch will receive an autographed copy of her amazing The Book Of Barkley.

Note that I've modified the rules - all donations will get a copy of her outstanding book, because I'll buy them myself for her to sign.  So not only can you get a great read, not only can you support a great cause, but you'll help drive her rankings on Amazon and Barnes and Noble.  And you can watch me riding in a kilt.  If you screw your courage to the sticking point.

No comments: