Thursday, September 18, 2014

Kilted To Kick Cancer - Day 18: Kilted Motor Madness and a challenge to you!


Things are getting jiggy in Roswell, GA.  Yes, I rode the bike wearing the kilt.  Yes, it was (ahem) exciting.  The things we do for fund raising.

And so to the challenge.  There are 12 days left in the Kilted To Kick Cancer fund raiser.  Ambulance Driver said that as of a couple days ago Team Borepatch had raised over $1200 (the thanks go to those of you who have donated).  He also said that he'd like to see the (then) total of $5600 get doubled.  I agree.

And so my challenge to you, Dear Reader: if Team Borepatch breaks $2500 by September 30 then I will post video of me riding in a kilt.  There, I said it.  You might not want to watch (what has been seen cannot be unseen), but I will put my dignity on the line for the Cause.

Because it's not a good cause, it's a great cause.  Please click through to donate to this cause.  It's fully tax deductible, as a 501(c)3 charity.  The Donate link is here, and please select Team Borepatch.

And if you click through to read Brigid's post you'll see why she is also invested in this - her Dad is fighting that same fight right now.  She is so invested that she's made an enormously generous offer: the first twenty all donations of $50 or more via Team Borepatch will receive an autographed copy of her amazing The Book Of Barkley.

Note that I've modified the rules - all donations will get a copy of her outstanding book, because I'll buy them myself for her to sign.  So not only can you get a great read, not only can you support a great cause, but you'll help drive her rankings on Amazon and Barnes and Noble.  And you can watch me riding in a kilt.  If you screw your courage to the sticking point.

Let's blow this away, everyone.  The Internet expects all readers to do their duty.


3 comments:

Home on the Range said...

I was quite happy to pitch in and donate the ones sent out so far. But I appreciate the offer, should my supply run short. It's a great cause and bonus points for the bike ride!

FrankC said...

Where's the team selection box. I can't find it. Wah!

Borepatch said...

FrankC, check the box that says "This donation is made as part of a Fundraising Team" and you'll get a pull down menu.