Monday, September 29, 2014

Heaven's favorite

Heaven gives its favourites early death. 
- Lord Byron, Childe Harold's  Pilgrimage
Father's Day 2011 was memorable for me: it was the first that I was away from the kids, off in that cold apartment in Austin; and it was the time that Sabra and Pistolero shared their family with me.  That day was a great comfort, passing it with their entirely charming children.

Sadly, those children are now missing their newest sister.  Heaven had other plans:
Psalm-Angel Guadalupe was born Wednesday evening, September 24, 2014, at 6:10 pm. She lived about an hour and a half before she went home to our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. She got to spend time with Mama and me, as well as her sisters and brother. She knew nothing but love her whole life.
I'm afraid that I do not have words to express my sorrow for tiny Guadalupe or her family.  May flights of Angels sing her to her rest.  If you have a little left over at the end of the month, please consider donating to help defray the costs from their ordeal.
Media vita in morte sumus.
In the midst of life we are in death.
- The Book of Common Prayer

5 comments:

Goober said...

She knew nothing but love her entire life.

She knew nothing but love her entire life.

She knew...

THose words keep running through my head over and over, and they are at the same time both comforting, and the most sorrow-filled things imaginable.

Whistling past the graveyard now, as Mrs. Goober is two months along now, and with the way my year has been going, I could really use a healthy baby...

Old NFO said...

+1 on Goober...

Home on the Range said...

Thank you for spreading the word. May the prayers and thought and acts of friends and strangers who care, lesson the burden.

Goober said...

Check that, bad at maths...

12 weeks is THREE months, right?

Mrs. Goober is THREE months along.

I got a STEM degree, too.

Durr..

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Borepatch. That Father's Day remains one of my fondest memories.

Prayers to you and your wife as well, Goober. Here's hoping you two have a healthy baby. :-)