Wednesday, April 30, 2014

2014 is 3rd coldest year on record so far

I blame Global Warming:
US temperatures through April 26 are third coldest on record, just barely behind 1899 and 1912. This week is forecast to be cold, and will likely push 2014 into the #1 spot.
But we have Top Men on this problem.
On Thursday, March 13, 2014, the U.S. National Climactic Data Center switched to gridded GHCN-D data sets it uses to report long term temperature trends – with a resulting dramatic change in the official U.S. climate record. As seems to always happen when somebody modifies the temperature record, the new version of the record shows a significantly stronger warming trend than the unmodified or, in this case, discarded version.
They adjusted older temperatures down so that warming looks more pronounced.  Seriously, I'm starting to think that there's something to this whole "Man made global warming" thing - and that the men work in the National Climactic Data Center ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will say that today, as I was standing in the water at my dam doing my monitoring, with the wind whipping around me, I thought to myself "DAMMIT I'm COLD." Where's my Global Warming?