Sunday, July 21, 2013

Quote of the Day - Walmart edition

MSgt B has completed his move from Virginia to Alabama, and is noticing the local differences:
I was grocery shopping at WalMart yesterday and I couldn't find any Velveeta* "Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product" (Made with real milk protein concentrate!)

I'm not shitting you. Go read that sentence again.

There I was, in a WalMart, in Alabama, and I couldn't find Velveeta...

WTF is the world coming to?


* Don't judge me, bitches.  It makes a great Queso dip.
Heh.  And I'd like him to post his queso recipe, but that's just me.

5 comments:

West, By God said...

One box Velveeta, cut up. One can Rotel. Microwave and mix. Darn good.

Heroditus Huxley said...

For the two pound boxes, use two cans. Best queso dip comes from the rotel with lime juice and cilantro, according to my tastebuds, but we always have the regular on hand, because we buy it (and use it) by the case.

MSgt B said...

West, By God has got it, but I add some spicy salsa and/or hot sauce to give it a little more bite.

HH - Lime juice and cilantro? Are you going soft on me?

joethefatman said...

1 small box Velveeta + 1 very large can of chilli + 1 medium jar of picante sauce. Mix and heat. Works great as an addictive dip.

Heroditus Huxley said...

MSgt B--I love salsa and chili as hot as I can get it. Queso, I like more flavor than heat.