Friday, July 12, 2013

FOB Borepatch rises again!

One of the Linksys routers here in Camp Borepatch went all wonky.  Since packet pushers that don't push packets are not particularly useful, it needed to get swapped out.

In a pile of spare electronic parts, I spied the old router that was the communications center at FOB Borepatch.  2 minutes later, the wonky router was in the trash can and FOB Borepatch was proudly broadcasting its SSID.

I guess creepy Internet Stalkers with wardriving equipment can find me now ...

3 comments:

Dave H said...

Heehee! Just wait until somebody using Google Location Services drives by your house and your phone tells them they're 800 miles west.

The net has its own geography.

eiaftinfo said...

Proof positive that I am right not to ever, ever, ever throw away old equipment . . . . cause I might just need it some day.

Regardless what my better half says . . . . :)

Weetabix said...

When I replaced our office wireless router, I made the SSID broadcast "NSA Van 7"

Don't know if I've scared anyone, but it makes me laugh every time. There are advantages to not growing up.