Sunday, October 21, 2012

Twee girlfriend

HAHAHAHAHA:
I want to be your twee girlfriend! For Valentine’s Day I’ll knit you a pair of fingerless mittens and send them to you with a bouquet of chocolate lollipops shaped like squirrels. We’ll put on matching aprons and make hot cocoa and drink it out of our sweetly ironic Care Bears mugs. Then we’ll get out our ukuleles and croon soupy love songs while my rabbit, Boopsie, snuggles at our feet.

Let’s be a twee couple! Let’s take photo-booth pictures wearing those whimsical fake moustaches I crocheted! Let’s adopt a hedgehog and name him Prickles and dress him in a teeny-tiny bow tie (or maybe an itsy-bitsy tiara)! Let’s bike through the park — me perched on the handlebars of your vintage Schwinn, the wind rippling through the ripples of my very ripple-ly mermaid-hair. We’ll picnic on cupcakes and blow dandelion wishes and search for clouds that remind us of woodland animals.
Sadly, it ends badly.  Somehow, it makes me think about this:



Or her:



Funny, that last one reminds me of Barack Obama ...

5 comments:

Old NFO said...

They're blondes, nuff said...

Dave H said...

Reminds me of some people you meet on online dating services. Some of those girls are scary.

drjim said...

Online dating can be good, or bad.
I met my wife through Match.com, but I also tried eHarmony, and Yahoo Personals.
eHarmony was a joke, and an expensive one at that.
They hooked me up with either screaming liberals, or hard-boiled professional women. After a year of their "matches", I threw in the towel and tried Yahoo Personals. Met some very nice women, but none I wanted to marry, so I tried Match.com, and met some of the nicest ladies I've ever met. Took a couple of years, but I truly found my match.

Dave H said...

eHarmony wouldn't even take my money. They said I didn't fit any of the profiles they were able to match. Mom always said I was weird. Yahoo.com worked about the best for me. I made a couple of good friends there. I met my fiancee on a widow/widower support forum. Completely unintentional, but I think that's what made it possible. We weren't really looking and noticed each other anyway.

instinct said...

I dated a girl like that once. Thank god for witness protection programs...