Monday, July 16, 2012

Good news, bad news

Good News:

I got to the range over the weekend.  After all, I have a thousand rounds of .45 ACP, and it won't shoot itself.  Now I have 900 rounds, having shot my weekly quota.  Even better, I went with one of The Guys from the office; he hadn't been shooting in a year and a half.  In fact, he'd only shot his XD once, so I'm a good influence.

Yay, me.

Bad News:

Man, I was terrible.  I guess that this is why you need to go every week, because if you shoot once every 3 months or so, you'll find that you can't hit the broad side of a barn from inside the barn.  I think the last time I shot pistol was at the Dallas Blogshoot in April, and while it is all well and good to practice rifle marksmanship, that's just too long.

In future, I shall endeavor to do better.

Good News:

#1 Son says he wants to go shooting with me.  Usually it's #2 Son who's my shooting buddy, so this is very nice indeed.  The range has some new Class III including a Kriss, and so I may indulge his fondness for rock 'n roll, biting my tongue at the waste of good ammo and just enjoying the time with my son.

5 comments:

Isegoria said...

You need to dry-fire, Borepatch.

Dave H said...

biting my tongue at the waste of good ammo and just enjoying the time with my son

I wouldn't call that a waste of ammo. Just be sure to save the brass.

RabidAlien said...

Range-time with loved ones is never a waste of ammo. I'm looking forward to the day I can be dragged to the range (protesting the whole way, of course. *snort*) by my daughter.

drjim said...

Yep, RA has it right!

Theredneckengineer said...

Borepatch,

Are you sure you can't make the trip down in September for the next Dallas Area Blogshoot?
Bob S. has got the ball rolling, and we are looking for more attendants.

The .50 will be there, and I've got some free ammo for you and yours if you make it down.....