Sunday, June 24, 2012

Quote of the Day - Dread and Powerful edition

The Czar of Muscovy somewhat disbelievingly casts his gimlet eye upon the "Donate to Barack Obama's re-election campaign instead of getting wedding presents" fiasco, and discloses how said campaign was conceived:
The President sits back in his chair and sighs, slowly. “Let me get this straight. We started a webpage for people to snitch on anyone spreading material that made me look bad. That blew up in our faces. We then tried a Twitter account asking various questions about what people love about me. What people like about Obamacare. Why they should vote for me in the fall. I understand we got about 12 serious answers, and about ten million jerk comments that made me look like a jackass. We tried to wow them with a promise that we would support gay marriage only if it does not actually happen. I recall that was bad for me. Then we promised a bunch of illegal alien kids an opportunity to work in the worst unemployment mess in decades. This makes me look like a chump to anyone who can do simple math.”

The men in the room nod their heads eagerly.
This is clearly intelligence collected by a Gormogon deep cover operative in the West Wing.  Not particularly surprising - I mean, what good is a centuries old world wide conspiracy if you don't have deep cover operatives in the West Wing.

Thanks for sharing, Czar!

4 comments:

soulful sepulcher said...

Hey Borepatch, DrX Psychologist (one of my fav bloggers) needs linkage support!

http://drx.typepad.com/psychotherapyblog/2012/06/bank-of-america-stealing.html

Old NFO said...

Interesting point... :-)

ambisinistral said...

One does wonder how that idea made it through all of the meetings they must have held without somebody saying, "are you nuts? We'll get laughed off the internet if we do something so stupid."

Stretch said...

I love the smell of desperation in the morning.