Friday, April 20, 2012

Bobby Valentine is a jackass luser

Just sayin'.

There are two things I miss from New England: shooting with the New England Gunbloggers, and NESN television for all your Red Sox watchin' needs.  I was going to drop my fiber-to-the-curb and get Dish Network, which lets me get NESN, even in Atlanta.

And then John Henry and the Red Sox owners went and screwed over Terry Francona and brought in the worst manager since Joe Kerrigan.  Here's a little Red Sox history quiz for Henry and the money boys: name a manager who won more World Series for the Sox than Francona.  It's a trick question; none of the 43 other managers won more World Series for the team.

And so I figured that my blood pressure was already high enough, and I'm not getting NESN.  Great work, owners.  Makes me long for the days of Buddy LeRoux.

Off topic but important: if you're a Red Sox fan, you should be reading A Large Regular.

4 comments:

Lissa said...

I do miss the New England gunnies. Never met a group of folks more instantly welcoming, more eager to help/instruct, or with a more wicked *snerk* sense of humor.

AnarchAngel said...

As a native Bostonian, I should be reading him just for the title.

Old NFO said...

Nope, ignoring baseball period... Still pissed from '94...

Chad said...

Gotta confess, as a lone St Louis Cardinals fan living in Vermont, I've been enjoying talking baseball around here since last fall *grin*