Monday, March 12, 2012

I'm feeling funny

Man, it was a busy day yesterday.  We're likely to have to replace the front doors here at Camp Borepatch (we've known this for a while, and the company we're working with is owned by friends), but we had to go over options first thing.

Then working in the rose garden to get it ready for the 3 yards of mulch (not enough - is there ever enough mulch - but a good start).  Then dinner at Little Alley Steak*, the new steak house on Canton St. in Roswell.  Holy cow, it's good.

Then home to set a spell on the porch, with #2 Son explaining that the ending to Mass Effect 3 blows chunks, and how it blows chunks.  In detail.

And after all of this, I realized that I was feeling kind of strange.  I'm feeling happy.

Yeah, I'm behind in my blogging, and behind in email.  I'll catch up.  But this is a cool drink of water on a hot summer day.  It feels funny, being content.  I'd very much like to get used to that feeling.

* The hog jowl compote with fig preserves is indescribably spectacular, and shows that a humble ingredient can become food of the gods when handled with genius.  The restaurant isn't cheap, but it blows Ruth's Chris out of the water.  Make reservations, if you go on Thursday through Saturday.  We were there on Sunday and it was simply packed.

3 comments:

ASM826 said...

That's pretty funny. I got to hear about Mass Effect 3 while I was changing the oil with Joe over the weekend.

I think it was so bad he may quit buying video games.

The Czar of Muscovy said...

Planning on telling us why you've been so happy lately, or is this one of the Lost-style teasers that goes nowhere?

instinct said...

Have not played it based on the fact that every game design instructor I had said that it sucks.

BUT we(meaning myself and my imaginary friend) now demand a post detailing the suck factor of Mass Effect 3's ending.