Sunday, November 20, 2011

What I'm not going to see tonight

Younger Brother is the hipster of the family.  He picked up a copy of the local Austin "Whos playing where" paper, and found that Big Bad Voodoo Daddy was in town.  Those of you who have been living normal (non- Hep Cat) lives may have missed them when they came around in '96 or so.  They sound like '50's Big Band Swing:



I thought it might be fun to go hear the band.  Until I found out that it would cost us $200 to go hear the band.  Oops.

So tonight will be tragically un-hip.  Just as well, since the Zoot Suit is back at Camp Borepatch.

8 comments:

Quizikle said...

Off topic, but when I attempt to plug into http://kerriblu.blogspot.com/
I get a blogspot logo with spinning gears. (Firefox 8 on Win7)

Just thought I'd let you know.

By the way, Squirrel Nut Zippers were pretty good in that same time frame.

But $200 buys a lot of CDs or MP3s...and I wouldn't have to deal with traffic or crowds.

I wonder if the promoters think of such things....
Q

NotClauswitz said...

Like the Squirrel Nut Daddies too but $200 buys a lot of ammo (or a bottle of cheap-ass Chardonnay on the North Shore). Anyhow I like music but hate crowds, end of story.

Borepatch said...

Quizikle, IE8 will show it. It will complain about Blogger's "non-standard" HTML and then drop it back to something sane.

DirtCrashr, I like the Squirrel Nut Zippers, too. But not $200 worth.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
libertyman said...

Love swing music! Did you ever see the Loedogs when you were in Massachusetts?
Also Cherry Poppin Daddies are great, I defy anyone to sit still through "Zoot Suit Riot"!

libertyman said...

That is "Lovedogs"

Laura said...

holy crap, 200??!? i mean, i always liked'em, but not *that* much.

Borepatch said...

Libertyman, I never caught the Lovedogs. Sounds like I would have liked them.

"Zoot Suit Riot" is awesome.

Laura, yeah that was my reaction.