Thursday, September 22, 2011

In which I get well and truly pissed off

I've worked hard to keep this blog G-rated (OK, PG-rated), and the biggest part of this is watching my language.  It's not just striving to be family friendly (I doubt many kids read this; certainly mine don't.  Much).

Rather, it's because the coarsening of our social discourse is not just a shame, it's cheap and easy.  I may have my shameful moments, but cheap and easy is nothing I aspire to.

And yet, I have steam coming out my ears, an hour after I queued up a rant for tomorrow's posts.  I get my Wookie suit on, exhibiting full frontal wookie.  But I wrote this an hour ago, and I'm even angrier now than when I started.

Government derives its just power from the consent of the governed.  This is an axiom that should strike terror into the heart of today's Progressives.  Should.

And so back to the concept of shame.  This is a desirable social trait, which ensures cohesion of the entire society.  As this is broken down - always in the name of "Progressive norms", of course - at what point is society justified to jettison the Progressives, for the sake of social cohesion?  After all, it's all about What's Best For Society, Not For Individuals?  Right?

Right?  Bueller?

We're always told by out Betters™ when a Republican gets caught in a sex scandal that it's all about the hypocrisy®.  Okay, fine.  So what happens when a Progressive's ideology gets caught in a web of hypocrisy?

[crickets]

And damn whoever gets hurt by Progressive hypocrisy.  That's why I'm fuming, and why I'm thinking that Progressives are a bunch of thieving, hypocritical  bastards that couldn't tell their asses from a hole in the ground because they're so blinded by their Moloch ideology that they will prostitute their body and soul for a cheap tumble in the sack with any old pretty Progressive face, as long as he flatters their sense of Moral Righteousness™.

They're so slutty and easy.

Back to the regular PG-13 rating tomorrow, albeit with a full on Wookie-suit rant.

4 comments:

Irish said...

Hypocrisy is the cornerstone of liberalism. .. from my friend Matt J.

( btw thank god I'm the evil blogbrother, can you imagine if Jay had 2 of us? )

Have a great nite BP, the world will be here tomorrow :)

Pissed

bluesun said...

That was an incredibly hard hitting insult and yet the "naughtiest" word used was prostitute.

* doffs cap *

If you had used more made up words, it would have been positively Shakespearean!

45er said...

Sadly, the bases of the two parties hold their reps to a different standard. It truly sucks to watch a conservative resign and a liberal get promoted after the same transgression, but these are the people that the other side wants to lead them. Then there's Rangel. Nothing like getting a slap on the wrist instead of going to prison, then getting a "tribute" a year later.

Blue said...

"They'd step over their dying mother to have sex with their syphilitic sister"