Thursday, September 8, 2011

Attention Trader Joe's Shoppers

If you are lucky enough to have a Trader Joe's near you, go check out their Vola® Sangiovese wine.  It's a Chianti-stype (Indicazione Geografica Tipica, not the high end Denominazione di origine controllata).

But it's a good, serviceable Chianti-stype table wine, and it's on sale for $2.49 a bottle.  Anyone can get a good Chianti for $20 a bottle; two and a half gives you bragging rights.

And don't bother checking out the Roswell (Georgia) Trader Joe's - I bought 'em out.  This is one of the best wine deals I've ever seen.

11 comments:

Dave H said...

So am I the first to mention liver and fava beans?

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

Trader Joe's is a grocery. Grocery stores don't sell wine, they sell food. And I thought you were wicked smart.

Guffaw in AZ said...

There's one about 1 1/2 miles N. Unfortunately, there's a huge sign in the mall, stating No Weapons.

Borepatch said...

T-Bolt, only shopped at the ones in Massachusetts, Georgia, and California. Wine on sale in all of them.

The leaders of the Great State of Maryland I guess march to their own drummer.

kx59 said...

Well glad you told us you bought them out, I wuz just about to get in the car and drive over there...;-)

Brad_in_IL said...

Here in MA there are many TJ's locations, and one is less than 10 minutes from my house. But due to some stoopid MA law, only 3 stores in a grocery chain can sell wine / beer / spirits. The location near me is NOT one of those three. Regardless, if I find myself in Framingham or Brookline with nothing else to do, perhaps I'll go look for the wine. Otherwise, I'll head north to NH and just hit the BIG wine store about 15 minutes north of me.

Dirk said...

You're in Roswell, GA??? Or are you just visiting?

Borepatch said...

Dirk, that's where we live. I've been splitting my time between here and Austin because of work.

Send me an email if you're in the area.

Anonymous said...

Good looking-out, Ted - I've not set foot in our neighborhood Trader Joe's in over a year, and this would be a good reason to change that. Happy Friday, amigo. erich martell, ABQ NM

Laura said...

stupid Maryland. *grumbles*

45er said...

Mmm, 2 buck chuck.