Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Thomas Aquinas for Kids

Well, Thomas Aquinas as a kid:
(Age 9)
Article MCDIII: Whether we should let Laurie play in the treehouse with us?
Objection I: It would seem that we should let Laurie play in the treehouse with us. For it was said: “You boys better let that nice Laurie girl play with you. She’s as sweet as can be, and she never hurt anybody” (my mom).
Objection II: Further, the treehouse would be more fun if there was a girl. For according to Holy Writ (Genesis 2:18–22), “…the LORD God said it is not good that the man should be alone…and made He a woman.”
On the contrary, it is written: “No Girls Allowed” (the sign on the treehouse).
I giggled all the way through this, especially at the bit where Aquinas (age 15) wonders if he should ask Vanessa to the dance.  This is very theologically-geeky, but for all that is so filled with Win that I had tears running down my face when I read it.  But you all knew I was weird.

Lone Star Parson, you're welcome. (if you dig theological geekiness, you have to click through that link)

Very, very well done indeed.  Lord, I'm still giggling.

(via, which is via)

2 comments:

kx59 said...

cool! now there is only one reader that has never run across the box 'o truth.

TinCan Assassin said...

I've always thought that the best description of atheism was written by an athiest, along with it's eventual consequenses, to wit: The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams, where Man proves God doesn't exist by proving he exists, then gets run over at the next Zebra Crossing by trying to prove that black is white.