Saturday, October 16, 2010

Falling down drunk

Well, maybe not drunk, but adult beverages were involved.  Southern Belle tells a story about that - Motor Rasslin' - that made me think that reminds me, and so it feels like it's Meme Time!

It was a friend's fiftieth birthday, and since we were neighbors, we all (the whole Borepatch clan) walked over to the party at their place.  Well, #1 Son rode his bike.

It was quite fun.  Dave knows a ton of people in the entertainment industry (like Elvira, who's taller in real life than she looks), and a couple of guys who were in The Sopranos.  Live band, open bar, mechanical bull.  Srlsy.

Then it was time to go home.  Fortunately, we'd walked, because, err, adult beverages had been involved.  But it was dark, and so I told the (much younger) #1 Son that I'd walk his bike back home.  I got it, and as I stepped towards the road, my foot twisted on the shoulder of the road.  Ouch.

Did I mention that adult beverages had been involved?  Down I went, twisting my foot, and landing on the bike.  Ouch.

In a patch of poison ivy.  I'm not joking.

My foot got broken, and since I was flying 100,000 miles a year back then, I got to limp on a cane through security.  For a month.  Yeah, I was the gimpy guy hobbling down the concourse holding things up, because I was too proud to get one of the car thingies.

So here's the meme: post a story of one time when you fell down, when adult beverages were involved.  Or leave a comment over at Southern Belle's place.

4 comments:

Six said...

I once passed out at the front door and had to be dragged inside by both Lu and my mother-in-law. Not my finest hour.

Anonymous said...

Ummm - fell out of a small tree which stood outside the main entrance to the police station in State College, Pa. I got bored wating for a pizza at the place across the street.

No legal consequences, but it hurt quite a bit.

Southern Belle said...

A guy I knew once had to pull over to relieve himself and found a vacant parking lot. He's doing his thing and two guys came outside, they were cops. He was peeing in the police station parking lot! He was arrested for Public Indecency AND Public Intoxication.

Anonymous said...

I can't recall falling down, but I did wobble home from a New Years' party once, leaving a remarkably consistent sine wave pattern of footprints...

Jim