Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Quote of the day

Seems they asked Carteach0 to give some high school seniors a class on the Constitution. He told 'em that wasn't a really good idea, or what they had in mind, but they told him "Not 'But sir', Yes sir!'"

And so he did, with both barrels. The whole thing should be carved in marble and gilded, but this is the finale:
I also told them.... if they don't know and understand their rights, then they have none, and should shut up and get back to work. Shut up and pay their taxes.

A room full of deer in headlights.
#1 Son and #2 Son have heard this sort of thing from me, enough times that they think it's gotten old. It hasn't. Some day, they'll realize that.

1 comment:

bluesun said...

That was awesome. No one ever smacked me in the face with that in High School, but I think I self adminstered it to myself with an, ahem, very libertarian book I stumbled across a couple years ago when I started getting into guns and shooting.