Monday, September 27, 2010

Making Jerkey

No, not me - after all I don't aspire to be a Domestic God.  Cher, on the other hand (as a self-described aspiring Domestic Goddess), shows you just how easy it is.  Even with hamburger (!).

I'm not sure if the young lady is taken or not, but my young Gentlemen Readers should read, and comment.[See update]  Her recipes sure look good to me.

Her Jerkey-omatic tool looks cool, but you could probably get by with a large freezer bag with the corner shipped off.  It's basically just a piping bag, for use with yummy meat.
Added to the blogroll under "People Eating Tasty Animals".

UPDATE 27 September 2010 22:07: Mopar stops by to say that the lovely Cher is indeed married, and is in fact Mrs. Mopar.  To my young Gentlemen readers, my apologies for getting your hopes up.  Ya snooze, ya lose.
He does not tell us - and cruelly leaves to our imaginations - whether he is the Very Well Fed Indeed Mopar.

5 comments:

TheAxe said...

If you go down to the chili post she mentiones a husband.

wv: routs

bluesun said...

If my roommate can make jerky, anyone at all--probably even Steven Hawking--can make jerky.

yummmm...

Mopar said...

Heh, it's not Claire, it's Cher, as in Cheryl, as in Mrs. Mopar. Just sayin'. :)
Don't know how the freezer bag idea would work, I've used her extruder and it takes a fair amount of pressure to push the meat through. It works like, and takes about the same force as (maybe a bit more, actually), a caulking gun. Those round beef sticks taste just like Slim Jims, and sooo much cheaper and healthier. She also has a flat tip that makes traditional looking jerky out of the ground meat. That ends up being a lot like store-bought jerky in that there is no grain and it's not as chewy. Prob how the commercial guys make it anyway. I'm sure they are using ground up scraps of crap and not slices of steak.
BTW, she says thank you for the link!

Bräuista said...

He is VERY well fed indeed, that Mopar guy.

BTW - thanks for linking to my blog . . . awesomeness!

Mopar said...

BP, you've met me. Do I *LOOK* like I'm starving?