Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Antique Carbon Footprint

I feel like I'm getting my True Blue Sam on, but this is so packed with Steampunk retro awesome that it's in danger of collapsing into a Black Hole of Steampunk retro awesome:



I love the guy on the PA system. I have to respect the British version of Redneck, filled with obscure Anorak historical trivia. My version of redneck is getting lost in the ZOMG-that's-so-cool!

Oh yeah, they also have these decidedly non-Steampunk newfangled contraptions:


Via Theo Spark.

4 comments:

doubletrouble said...

BP-

If you like the old engine thingys, there is a very cool steam/gas/Stirling/tractor/engine show every fall in Dublin, NH, right off rt 101.

They even have hit & miss engine-driven ice cream made right there.

This year it's Sept 11-12; if you go & make a day of it I'd suggest Saturday.

WoFat said...

The Spitfire did its part in saving the world.

Anonymous said...

A go-kart scale steam tractor? I think I need a bigger shop!

As for the Spitfire, there is a good reason the Air Ministry wouldn't buy anything that doesn't look like one.

Jim

PS - If you haven't seen Despicable Me yet, go. I think you'll like it a lot.

David aka True Blue Sam said...

Aw Shucks; Thanks for the link!