Monday, April 26, 2010

Yellow Rose Iris of Texas Albuquerque

Yesterday was "Sunday Redneck" - not music, but enough walking around in the sun to get a little color on the back of my neck. We went to the Albuquerque Botanical Gardens, and the Iris were simply glorious.

Apologies to the Lone Star State for stealing the title; while I don't recall seeing any yellow roses, the yellow iris were spectacular.

The purple ones weren't shabby, either.

The Botanical Gardens have quite a variety of plants. This Texas Red Bud was in full display. There are varieties of Red Bud from other, lesser states, but why bother?

Albuquerque is, of course, in an arid region. Not desert, but dry. Native flora were well represented, including this Yucca that was in full bloom. I'd never seen one bloom before.

Of course, roses were pretty much everywhere (I think this was a rose; I took so many pix that I sort of lost track).


I'm out visiting Mom and Dad (it's her birthday), and the weather was glorious. We spent most of the afternoon out in the Gardens - perhaps not especially exciting or exotic, but good companionship. I think I'm pretty lucky to be friends with my parents; a lot of folks aren't.

5 comments:

ASM826 said...

And legal open carry! You are taking advantage of this while you're there, aren't you?

Chris said...

You call that a Red-Bud? My mother has a huge one in her front yard here in Illinois. It's so old it's already split nearly in half, but it still blooms.

soulful sepulcher said...

My soul resides in botantical gardens.

soulful sepulcher said...

PS- Great about time being spent with parents, definitely

Borepatch said...

ASM826, someday. Someday.

Chris, it's a new garden, only been here for ten years or so. Your Mom's must be something to see, and must be a delight to her each spring.

Stephany, sometime I hope you get to visit Kew Gardens outside London. Before you dance in Paris.

And that's a terrific new picture you have!