Friday, April 9, 2010

On Reunion

Every parting gives a foretaste of death, every reunion a hint of the resurrection.
- Arthur Schopenhauer
We've returned from the Hospital, and all members of Clan Borepatch are safely within the secure perimeter. This is, of course, an enormous relief to everyone. I'm looking forward to the usual racket experienced here at Chez Borepatch over the weekend.

It's pretty easy to live your life day to day without realizing just how fine is the line separating the expected from the unexpected. Thanks to everyone who left their thoughts, prayers, and best wishes over the last few days. It means more than I can say.


Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten.
- Lilo, from Lilo and Stitch (one of my favorite films)

6 comments:

wolfwalker said...

I didn't leave a comment, but I should have. I've been thinking of you, and wondering how things were going.

In other news, this looks to be worth a post from you.

Home on the Range said...

Brigid the next generation is Makani Malia Okalani (calm wind of the heavens). There's wisdom in the languages of our forefathers, even if we were adopted into the clan. And yes Lilo and S. was her favorite movie (that and the Pincess bride).

I'm glad everyone is gathered round you. The prayers will continue until the sea has calmed.

soulful sepulcher said...

Oh, how I remember the joy and trepidation of those reunions.

Sending a lot of support and good thoughts to the family.

Lissa said...

Welcome home #? Son!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear the good news.

Jim

NotClauswitz said...

Congratulations on the restoration of your Ohana - our Alohas.