Monday, January 18, 2010

I love my snowblower

We didn't get a lot of snow, maybe 3 or 4 inches, but it was wet and heavy. Two years ago, I'm be looking for the liniment and an ibuprofen cocktail. Now I let the miracle of internal combustion do the aching for me. Plus, I get to rape Mother Gaia with Carbon Dioxide emissions, ensuring Global Warming and less snow in future! It's a twofer!

Plus, the self propulsion is beefy enough that it doesn't even slow down on the hill where I park the Jeep. 30° incline, over pine needles and rocks, and the thing doesn't even slow down.

You know, sometimes this 21st Century living-in-the-future thing is a bit of all right.

4 comments:

LSP said...

Nice one Borepatch - a very useful bit of kit and, as you say, a 'twofer'.

Paladin said...

I don't get to see one of those things very often, living where I do. We had temps in the low teens around Christmas, and it's supposed to hit low 70's this week.

Just typical Texas roller coaster weather :)

Ritchie said...

I have found that a good coat of dry Teflon spray helps things on their way up the spout. Remington, for one example, makes such a product. Just if you happen to know where to find a gun shop.

Anonymous said...

...And here I haven't shovelled in three weeks. :P

Jim