Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Blogroll additions

Now that I'm back from my Jet Setting around, I can catch up on housework here at Borepatch. And by "housework" I mean "getting off my lazy posterior and updating the dang blogroll."

The Big Guy knows travel - he travels much more than I do, and so is on a first name basis with the nice TSA folks:
TSA2: "You got quite a bit of stuff in there."
TBG: ...
TSA2: "Y'know, this might go a little faster if you'd cooperate."

Really? Look, I've got time. I know exactly what's in my bag, and I came prepared for delays... I just want to see how much additional foolishness is going to foisted upon us Poor Traveling Bastards.

I know this is going to light a fuse, but I'll do it anyway...

TBG: "Y'know, this might go a little faster if you actually asked a question."
TSA2 gives TSA1 a WTF look.
TSA2: "Acting odd?"
TSA1: Shrugs shoulders.
TSA2, looks at TSA1 as one would examine a bad cheese, then slides my half-unpacked bag over to me.
TSA2: "Have a good day sir..."
TBG: "You too sir."

Assholes.
Heh. Added to the "Bloggers I've Met" category, too!

Sometimes commenter Elmo Iscariot has a new blog, filled with shooty goodness:
Don't get me wrong; high-cap revolvers are really neat, and may make the difference for somebody who really likes the feel and operation of a compact wheelgun but isn't comfortable with only five rounds. But for me, at least, that relatively fine difference isn't nearly enough to balance out the inherent disadvantages of a new cartridge: rarity, expense, and the gamble that this new revolutionary cartridge won't go obsolete like so many others. One or two extra rounds in the cylinder simply isn't enough to give the .327 the nod over a .357 or .38sp, a gun I can be absolutely certain will have ammo support for as long as I can buy ammo.
Shooty goodness and spiked eggnog, actually.

Welcome to the Borepatch blogroll, guys! Your hit counter's fixin' to spin ...

And a note to anyone who might have blogrolled me. If I haven't added you here, send me an email.

2 comments:

elmo iscariot said...

Thanks for the shoutout.

The Big Guy said...

Thanks for the link!
Hope to cross paths again sometime soon!

TBG