Thursday, May 28, 2009

Eat what you want and die like a man

No, I'm not going here tonight, because it's 2000 miles away. We might, if they had one in Massachusetts. Of course, in Massachusetts, people would get a heart attack just from looking at the place.

The waitresses are a hoot.

The title, of course, is from the world's unhealthiest cookbook.

Sorry about the autoplay - I can't figure out how to keep it from starting automatically. Hey CBS, don't annoy your viewers. Oh, wait ...

Hat tip, Life on Sleepy Creek.

UPDATE 28 May 2009 21:47: Fixed embedding. Sorry.

UPDATE 1 June 2009 16:52: Removed embedded video, because autoplay is too annoying for words. If you want to watch it, you can find it at http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4632991n.

8 comments:

Old NFO said...

hehehe- Yep, there used to be a place in Amarillo called Amarillo Jacks that was very similar! GOOOOD food too!

Anonymous said...

404 on the video.

Borepatch said...

Anonymous, thanks. Fixed now.

Old NFO, I think I gained 5 punds just watching ...

Ed said...

I'm going to check with my primary care physicians office and see if the nurses serve burgers - if not I'm switching.

AnarchAngel said...

I've been there a couple times, in all three of their locations (they've moved twice, and one of their locations was just 3 miles from my house). The burgers aren't bad; and it's fun just for the political incorrectness.

Oh and John is a pretty hardcore libertarian. We had some interesting discussions.

Borepatch said...

Ed, if my doctor had a setup like this, it would take even longer to get in to see him.

Chris, as you know, it's the the political incorrectness that would make people's heads explode here in the People's Republic of Massachusetts. Which makes it even funnier.

Shoothouse Barbie said...

"To be honest, the AMA doesn't officially recognize me."

What a hoot! We've been calling bacon-laden deliciousness "coronary disease on a plate" for years, and this guy has capitalized on it.

Oh, man, that food looks good....

I got boyfriend to quit smoking by telling him to choose between bacon and cigarettes, lest he be endless nagged about the conditions of his arteries and lungs, by me, using explicit physiological descriptions and disease pathologies.

I've stuck to my end of the bargain thus far and have not nagged him about the volume of his bacon consumption. However, the other night, he asked, "so, honestly, how unhealthy is bacon, really?"

I told him, "everything in moderation...."

none said...

Looks like the perfect restaurant.