Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A Real Man isn't afraid of a little vermouth

Just sayin'.

Personally, I prefer 5:1 Gin:Vermouth. Stirred (not shaken, thank you very much) - shaking it gets you ice crystals that spoil the crystal-clear anticipation.

And extra olives. Not a Martini without olives. I like the Blue Cheese stuffed ones.

With my libertarian outlook, I'll let you call it a "martini" even if you use Vodka. I'll never call it that, but hey, let a thousand flowers bloom!

Via the Corner.

3 comments:

Lissa said...

I can't abide the taste of gin. It's a moral weakness, no doubt.

Anonymous said...

Lissa,

I'm firmly in your camp when it comes to gin. The stuff is nothing but third-rate mouthwash in my book. Total swill. Blech.

Ted,

I offer as an alternative the classic Gibson. Vodka, three cocktail onions, and if one so desires, an ever so gentle hint of vermouth. Yuuuuuummmmmy.

Weer'd Beard said...

Oh NO NO Ted, it's not a Martini with Vodka...it's a VODKA Martini, and if the bartender asks me if I want Vodka when I order a "Martini" he's just ruined a really good tip.

with Taquilla it's a Taquini. Never had one, but I've had some damn expensive tequilla that would do it well.

I sometimes add a splash of olive juice to make it a bit dirty.

Also I only use the standard pimento stuffed ones.

Oh and you MUST pre-chill the glass!