Monday, January 19, 2009

Happy Birthday

Dolly Parton is one of my favorite entertainers. Love her or hate her, what you see is what you get. This interview by the BBC's Parkenson is typical. I looked for (but couldn't find) her appearance on Graham Norton, which is worth Tivoing. Happy birthday, Dolly!







And Happy Birthday to two of the giants of the Industrial Revolution, James Watt (creator of the first practical steam engine) and Sir Henry Bessemer, who created a process to make Steel dirt cheap. Our would wouldn't remotely be what it is today without them, but they weren't as funny as Dolly.

2 comments:

Home on the Range said...

I heard the song "when I get where I'm going" she sings with Brad Paisley on the drive back from meeting the girls at the brewpub last night.

Her voice can still bring tears to my eyes. She's an amazing woman, a irreplaceable talent.

AnarchAngel said...

63 years old, still amazing voice, still beautiful, still a wonderful person.