Saturday, November 29, 2008

Trace Adkins - One Hot Mama

Earlier this week we saw the spectacle of the lost cell phone. Specifically, Mr. Philip Sherman took naughty pictures of Mrs. Tina Sherman, and then lost the phone. Oops.

Well, when you get past the "are you smarter than a fifth grader" part, there's a bit of sweetness here. It's kind of nice that Mr. Sherman still thinks that Mrs. Sherman is hot, and this leads us to today's Saturday Redneck.

Rock and Roll doesn't lack for song about hot girls. What it does lack are song about hotness after marriage. Or kids. Fortunately, Country is much less hung up on the cult of youthful rebellion, and has all sorts of songs about all sorts of ages.

We've seen Trace Adkins in Saturday Redneck before, so I won't go into background. Mr. and Mrs. Sherman, this Saturday Redneck is for you.

One Hot Mama

 Sports car - yeah baby. And I think it gets simply hilarious at about 3:10.
You're doin' all you can to get in them old jeans.
You want that body back, you had at seventeen.
Baby, don't get down; don't worry 'bout a thing.
'Cause the way you fill 'em out, hey, that's all right with me.
I don't want the girl you used to be.
An' if you ain't noticed, the kids are fast asleep,

An' you're one hot mama;
You turn me on, let's turn it up,
An' turn this room into a sauna.
One hot mama,
Oh, whaddya say, baby?
You wanna?

Well, I know sometimes you think that all you really are,
Is the woman with the kids an' the groceries in the car.
An' you worry about your hips an' you worry about your age.
Meanwhile I'm tryin' to catch the breath you take away.
Oh, an' believe me, you still do.
Baby, all I see, when I look at you,

Is one hot mama;
You turn me on, let's turn it up,
An' turn this room into a sauna.
One hot mama,
Oh, whaddya say, baby?
You wanna?

I can't imagine me lovin' someone else.
I'm a lucky man,
I think Daddy's got himself,

One hot mama;
You turn me on, let's turn it up,
An' turn this room into a sauna.
One hot mama,
Oh, whaddya say, babe?
Oh, now whaddya say, babe?
You wanna?

You're one hot mama,
Let's turn this room into a sauna, yeah.
Whaddya say, babe?
Whaddya say, babe?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my GOODNESS !!! I forgot how HOT this video is - as all of Mr Adkins videos and moves are. Whoa ! Hot mama ! lol

This video was the one playing in my home one day for background as I walked past the TV and happened to see it out of the corner of my eye and I had to sit and watch it and from that moment on my obsession with Mr Adkins was ON full force. If ya think his video moves are hot ya oughta see the man in concert. You will be hooked for sure

TheUnpaidBill said...

That bit where she falls asleep at the end is so my life. :-)

Borepatch said...

Anonymous, Trace is one of the Mrs' favorites. As she likes to say, a tall drink of water with a serious attitude, and not bad at all on the eyes.

I like a lot of Trace's stuff, because of the attitude.

UnpaidBill, I hear you. The video did make me laugh, but it was a knowing laugh!

breda said...

Uh, wow. Wow. I have to start listening to country music more often. That Trace guy is HOT.

Rock and roll guys are so femme and emo lately. I like men.