Sunday, September 21, 2008

I'll take "Zen-like States" for $1000, Alex

What is an afternoon shooting at clays with JayG?

In a fit of insanity (and generosity), Jay invited me shooting. A couple hours later, my blood pressure is still 30 points lower, and this is even after driving back route 128.

Somehow, I'd never gotten around to shooting target clays (OK, I was slow as a child). The Cliff's Notes summary:
  • Boy, it's fun when they blow up.
  • .357 makes them blow up very impressively indeed.
  • It's an interesting feeling when you didn't break the clay because you hit it in the exact center. After all, you hit it in the exact center. But it didn't blow up!
  • Shooting things is fun!
Dang. Now I want a range here at Chez Borepatch. But then I wouldn't get out with Jay at his range again. Hey, I win either way!

Thanks, Jay!

4 comments:

breda said...

I would like very much to shoot something other than paper - and I would especially like to make things blow up. Sounds like a good time!

Borepatch said...

Breda, if you ever make it out this way, not only will we shoot clays, I'll did up another Teletubby!

zeeke42 said...

If you think shooting clays on the berm with pistols and rifles is fun, wait until you try shooting them in the air with a shotgun. Once I buy a shotgun, you're welcome to join me for some trap. If you want to go shooting sometime before that, let me know. You're welcome at my range anytime (about 15 minutes from routes 495 and 3).

Jay G said...

Ted,

You are more than welcome, any time. The pleasure was mine.

Next time, though, we'll bring some big bore ordnance. Nothing blows up clays quite like .44 Magnum... ;)