Saturday, July 26, 2008

Saturday Redneck - Terri Clark

Country music is full of "that happened to me" songs. Offered for your consideration is the greatest song (for anyone who's ever been married), I just want to be mad for a while, by Terri Clark.
Last night we went to bed not talking
Cause we already said to much
I face the wall you faced the window
Bound and determined not to touch

We've been married 7 years now
Some days if feels like 21
I'm still mad at you this morning
Coffee's ready if you want some
I've been up since 5
Thinking about me and you
And I've got to tell you
The conclusion I've come to

[Chorus]
I'll never leave, I'll never stray
My love for you will never change
But I ain't ready to make up or get around to that
I think I'm right I think your wrong
I'll probably give in before long
Please don't make me smile
I just want to be mad for awhile

For now you might as well forget it
Don't run your fingers through my hair
Yeah that's right I'm being stubborn
No I don't want to go back upstairs
I'm going to leave for work
Without a goodbye kiss
But as I'm driving off
Just remember this

[Chorus twice]

I just want to be mad for awhile
I just want to be mad for awhile
I just want to be mad for awhile
My Google-fu is weak, or there's no Youtube of Terri doing this (there is a youtube of someone else doing the song, but I can't inflict that on y'all first thing in the morning).

Note to Terri Clark's people: Youtube is your friend.

Since I can't leave you without a video for Satrurday Redneck, here's what's probably her biggest (and maybe funniest) hit, Girls lie too.

No comments: